If you enjoy the classic negroni cocktail, 2023 will be a delight for you! The negroni is a classic cocktail that has been enjoyed for decades, and mixologists have developed some incredibly inventive variations on the original over time. The following five negroni variations are ones you should try in 2023:
- The White Negroni is a version that asks for equal amounts Cocchi Americano, Suze, a French aperitif produced from gentian root, and gin (an Italian aperitif wine). The outcome is a cocktail that is slightly bitter and herbaceous and is ideal for individuals who want their beverages to be on the dry side.
- The Negroni Sbagliato: A bartender in Milan made a mistake that led to the creation of this delectable version. The bartender unintentionally used prosecco in place of gin to make a delicious and bubbly negroni that is ideal for aperitivo hour. And not to forget the famous quote “a negroni, with prosecco in it – Oh stunning!”
- The Mezcal Negroni: Try replacing the gin in the negroni with mezcal for a rich and smoky variation. The bitter flavors of the Campari and the sweet vermouth go incredibly well with the rich, earthy flavors of the mezcal.
- The Spiced Negroni: Add some winter spices to your negroni to give it a warm and inviting flavor. Consider infusing the gin with cinnamon, cloves, and orange peel or finishing the cocktail with a splash of spiced syrup.
- The Boulevardier can be made by substituting bourbon for the gin. This kind has a smooth, silky flavor that is ideal for drinking on a chilly winter evening. Erskine Gwynne, a Vanderbilt family member and the creator of the Boulevardier magazine in Paris, came up with the idea for the Boulevardier in the 1920s.
Regardless of the negroni version you decide to taste, you're guaranteed to love this classic drink in all of its varieties. So why not experiment with a few of these delectable variants to determine which one you like best? Salute!
Check out our Negroni Collection here